quarta-feira, 18 de abril de 2007

Media Release - Family man will promote family values


Francisco Guterres "Lu Olo" for President

"I shall be a President of all and for all"



Media release

Wednesday 18 April 2007



Family man will promote family values



Fretilin presidential candidate Francisco Guterres "Lu Olo" today said that if elected President of the Republic he would work in partnership with the government to develop policies to strengthen the role of the family and advance the status of women.

Lu Olo said, "The family is the basic unit of East Timorese society. If there is no love, peace and harmony in the family then there will not be lasting peace in our society. It is through the family that a child first learns to relate to other people, and if the family is a healthy one, the child learns quickly how to love and respect other people.

"I love, respect and honour my wife Cidália Lopes Nobre Mouzinho Guterres . I listen to her and am responsive to her needs. It is through my relationship with Cidália that I have gained a better understanding of the unique needs of women in our society and I completely support the achievement of gender equality."

Lu Olo said Cidália would make a wonderful first lady.

"Cidália is a buibere, a woman of Timor-Leste, and she will be a first lady who is ingrained with our history, cultural values and traditions. Cidália is caring, loving, intelligent and open minded and I will use her wisdom and guidance to strengthen my role as President of the Republic," Lu Olo said.

"Cidália and I have two sons, three-year-old Francisco Cidalino Guterres (Olo Kai) and Eldino Nobre Guterres, age one. As a father I want my children to have the things every parent wants – a good education, access to free health services, access to drinkable water and access to shelter.

"I will work in partnership with the government to ensure the children of Timor Leste receive all these things."



For more information contact:

Harold Moucho (Lu Olo's political adviser) (+670) 723 0048 (Dili)

Jose Manuel Fernandes (Lu Olo's official election representative) (+670) 734 2174 (Dili)



http://www.luolobapresidente.blogspot.com , http://luolo.blogspot.com, http://www.timortruth.com

0 comments: